I am Jerome Kalumbu. I am a website designer based in Milan. I am currently working remotely for Tarsus Group, an International Event and Exhibition company (UK).
My mission is to deliver effective interface and website design that help organisations and individuals improve their branding, as well as the usability of their digital products.
My professional skills include UX / UI design, responsive web design and front-end techniques, specifically modern CSS and HTML. I also have experience working with themes and styling on Drupal 7 and 8.
Since 2011, I have been designing websites, e-mail campaigns and coding web interfaces.
I started my carrier working for:
- Trace (Paris, France-2011);
- Atout France (Paris, France- 2012);
- 3 Suisses (Lille, France- 2013).
For 7 years, I’ve also rendered consulting services to private companies like Roc de France, Onrec, and Les As Frenchies.
I also write articles to share my experience and knowledge in designing digital interfaces. To date I’ve written:
To keep my skills up-to-date, I regularly attend conferences on digital design. I have so far attended the following courses:
- Digital Design Days Milan (2018 & 2019)
- Interaction Design & Prototyping (Training course at Wecredible - 2018)
- Web Page UX Design (Nielsen Norman Group - 2018)
- Smashing Conf Freiburg (2019)
I hold a
- Masters Degree in Communication and Graphic Design (2014);
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Webdesign (2011);
- Diploma in Technology in Computer Science & Communication (2010).
In my spare time, I enjoy cooking, travelling, playing football and above all, spending time with my family.
I have a passion to read books or articles about graphic design and the web. This helps me to constantly improve my skills and to write articles to help and inspire people with interest in designing web interfaces.
I speak French (my mother language), English, Spanish, Italian and Swahili.