I am Jerome Kalumbu. I am a website designer based in Milan. I am currently working remotely for Tarsus Group, an International Event and Exhibition company (UK).
My mission is to design effective websites which deliver results to organizations and their customers.
I also help individuals design better websites by providing them with articles to learn more about UX design.
My professional skills include UX / UI design, responsive web design and front-end techniques, specifically modern CSS and HTML. I also have experience working with themes and styling on Drupal 7 and 8.
Since 2011, I have been designing websites, e-mail campaigns and coding web interfaces.
I started my carrier working for:
- Trace (Paris, France-2011);
- Atout France (Paris, France- 2012);
- 3 Suisses (Lille, France- 2013).
For 7 years, I’ve also rendered consulting services to private companies like Roc de France, Onrec, and Les As Frenchies.
I also write articles to share my experience and knowledge in designing digital interfaces. To date I’ve written:
- Great interfaces are made of good typography
- How to define a clear design strategy
- How art direction will help you create masterful web interfaces
- How to combine typefaces successfully to add personality to your web interfaces
- 7 tips to create a successful content outline for your web interfaces
- 7 rules for great web interface design
Conferences and workshops
To keep my skills up-to-date, I regularly attend conferences and workshops on digital design. I have so far attended the following courses:
- Digital Design Days Milan (2018 & 2019)
- Interaction Design & Prototyping (Training course at Wecredible - 2018)
- Web Page UX Design (Nielsen Norman Group - 2018)
- Smashing Conf Freiburg (2019)
- Variable Fonts Workshop (2020)
- Level-Up With Modern CSS (2021)
- Designing Landing Pages That Sell (2021)
- Designing The Perfect Navigation (2021)
I hold a
- Masters Degree in Communication and Graphic Design (2014);
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Webdesign (2011);
- Diploma in Technology in Computer Science & Communication (2010).
In my spare time, I enjoy cooking, travelling, playing football and above all, spending time with my family.
I have a passion to read books or articles about graphic design and the web. This helps me to constantly improve my skills and to write articles to help and inspire people with interest in designing web interfaces.
I speak French (my mother language), English, Spanish, Italian and Swahili.